Want to prepare personally and academically to become a licensed counselor in Marriage and Family Therapy? TFC’s Master of Arts in Marriage and Family Therapy (MAMFT) develops clinicians with the skills necessary to provide professional therapy. Students learn the skills of ethical, competent, and compassionate therapy within a multicultural, integrated Christian framework. Our marriage and family therapy masters program meets the requirements for licensure established by the Georgia Composite Board of Professional Counselors, Social Workers, and Marriage & Family Therapists. Students, alternatively, also have the option to become a Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC) with the addition of two elective courses.
Our marriage and family therapist degree is online, allowing anyone to graduate while still managing existing personal and professional responsibilities. Students who earn their MAMFT open the door to a wide range of career possibilities. Graduates will find work as a counselor in clinics, substance abuse treatment centers, schools and private practice. Learn more about the online courses offered as part of our Master’s in Marriage and Family Therapy.
- Prep for LMFT Licensure
- Prep for LPC Licensure (2 extra classes)
- Graduate Certificate in Marriage & Family Therapy
-Dr. Brenna Vickers, Professor
Program BenefitsFor those who want to pursue a career as a counselor helping people strengthen their marriages and improve their family dynamic, the MAMFT at Toccoa Falls College is an ideal option. This program offers:
- An excellent, high-quality, rigorous marriage and family therapy graduate program. All courses are taught by qualified professors with industry expertise.
- A purposeful biblical worldview perspective. Every class integrates this perspective, ensuring that you can proceed with a Christian approach to marriage and family therapy.
- A transformative experience for students, allowing you to grow in understanding your purpose and your calling as a marriage and family therapist as part of God's bigger plan.
- An affordable program, allowing anyone who feels called to this profession to have access to a valuable educational experience. Our Masters in Marriage and Family Therapy program consists of 60 credit hours, and costs a total of less than $31,000 in tuition. It is one of the most affordable marriage and family therapy masters programs online.
- A user-friendly online learning platform. Students in our online MFT programs appreciate that our platform is both attractive and engaging, which enhances their overall experience at Toccoa Falls College.
- Small class sizes. We feel that our low student-to-instructor ratio allows our students to better connect with the material and to master the skills needed to succeed in their MFT degree program.