Dr. Heather Davediuk Gingrich
- B.A. Psychology, Carleton University
- M.A. Counseling Psychology, Wheaton College Graduate School
- Ph.D. Clinical Psychology, University of the Philippines
- CSG513 Spiritual Dynamics in Counseling
- CSG663 Counseling Ministry Internship
- MFT543 Foundational Skills for MFT and Counseling
- MFT553 Psychopathology & Diagnosis
- CSG573 Assessment and Treatment of PTSD
- CSG643 Counseling for Grief and Loss
- CSG713 Unique Populations in Trauma Counseling
- CSG723 Treatment of Complex PTSD
Complex trauma (i.e., adult survivors of child abuse)
Scholarly Work and Publications:
Click for full list.
- American Association of Christian Counselors (A.A.C.C.)
- Clinical Member: American Association for Marriage and Family Therapy (A.A.M.F.T.) (since 1986)
- Member: Division 56 (Trauma) of the American Psychological Association (A.P.A.)
- Fellow: International Society for the Study of Trauma and Dissociation (ISSTD)
- Senior Project Associate, Care and Counsel International (CCI)
- Editorial Board Member – Journal of Psychology and Christianity
- Advisor: Philippine Association of Christian Counselors (PACC)
- Advisor: Philippine Society for the Study of Trauma and Dissociation (PSSTD)
When I’m away from the classroom, I enjoy:
Singing, swimming, hiking, biking, camping, walking, watching Netflix and Hulu
People might be interested to know:
My husband and I were missionary educators in the Philippines for 8 years, we are proud Canadians, and we have 3 adopted sons. Two are in their late 20’s and the 3rd is our 7-year-old grandson whom we adopted.
I love Psalm 39, but in particular verses 7-10
“Where can I go from your Spirit?
Where can I flee from your presence?
If I go up to the heavens, you are there;
If I make my bed in the depths, you are there.
If I rise on the wings of the dawn,
If I settle on the far side of the sea,
Even there your hand will guide me,
Your right hand will hold me fast.”