Student Accounts

“And my God shall supply every need of yours according to His riches in glory in Christ Jesus.” Philippians 4:19


Credit Card – TFC accepts Mastercard, VISA, and Discover.
Nelnet Payment Plan – Students may register for the Nelnet monthly payment plan to settle their student accounts. Nelnet Business Solutions charges a $25.00 per semester registration fee for any student who registers for the plan. Students who choose this option must register for the plan in advance of the start of the semester since payments begin before classes start. See our Online Brochure.


Kerry Coggins
Student Accounts Manager


For all Student Account related questions


Phone: 706.886.7299, ext. 5292
Fax: 706.282.6041
Toccoa Falls College
107 Kincaid Dr., MSC 848
Toccoa Falls, GA 30598


How do I settle my account?

Students must settle all charges not covered by financial aid (federal grants, state grants, TFC grants and scholarships, federal loans, and state loans) by the earlier of moving into the residence hall or the start of classes each semester. Students can settle their account balances by paying the balance in full via cash, check, credit card or registering for the Nelnet payment plan. There will be a $50.00 late payment fee assessed on accounts of previously enrolled students not reconciled by the payment deadline for the appropriate semester. Here are three easy steps to help you settle your student account.

How do I view my student account balance online?

Once you have created your semester schedule sign into ‘myTFC’; follow the Student Account Instructions.

How do I receive a book voucher?

If you have a credit balance in your student account you will be notified via your TFC e-mail address of your ‘voucher ID’ with instructions on how to purchase your books against your credit balance from eCampus, our online bookstore. Voucher emails are sent the first business day in August for the fall semester and the first business day in December for the spring semester. No book vouchers are issued for winterim or summer sessions.

How do I request a refund?

Students with a credit balance on their account can request a refund from the Office of Student Accounts. Students must submit all requests electronically through myTFC by noon on Tuesday. Refund checks will be mailed or placed in the students P.O. Box after 11:00 a.m. on Friday of that week. The college will not issue refunds to students until all charges have been posted, paid, and all financial aid disbursed with a credit balance showing on the account.

What happens to my account if I withdraw?

TFC complies with the 1998 Higher Education Act Amendment revisions as they apply to students receiving Title IV funds. TFC allocates refunds according to the provisions listed in the 1998 Higher Education Act Amendment in the following order of priority:

1. Unsubsidized Federal Stafford Loan
2. Subsidized Federal Stafford Loan
3. Federal Perkins Loan
4. Federal PLUS Loan
5. Federal Pell Grant
6. Federal SEOG
7. Other Title IV Aid Programs
8. Other federal, state, private, or institutional aid
9. The student

There is no refund, in whole or part, on all fees, including the student fee, technology fee, course fees, and music fees, as well as room charges for students who withdraw after the end of the drop/add period. A withdrawal fee of $100.00 will be charged to residential students withdrawing during the drop/add period. TFC disburses tuition and board refunds for students who completely withdraw, or the college dismisses, according to the portion of the semester already completed.

The Federal Refund Policy states, up through the 60% point in each payment period or period of enrollment, a pro-rata schedule is used to determine the amount of Title IV funds the student has earned at the time of the withdrawal. After the 60% point, the payment period or period of enrollment, a student has earned 100% of the Title IV funds he or she has scheduled to receive during the period. Students may owe a repayment of Federal Funds to the government or funds to the institution.

In the event of a complete withdrawal, TFC will calculate a refund through the 60% point of the semester (or session for online students). After 60% of the semester or session has been completed, there will be no refund of tuition. A refund is calculated by dividing the date of withdrawal by the number of federally defined days in the semester or session. Board fees will be refunded on a pro-rata basis. There is no refund of room charges.

When an online student is enrolled in both Session A and Session B, and withdraws from only one session, no refund will be calculated, because the student has not completely withdrawn from the college.

Refunds for students receiving federal aid will be calculated using the current federal policy.

Withdrawal Timeline for Online Session (Summer)

The following table outlines the refund entitled on tuition charges, as well as employee tuition benefits refunded back to the college, for the summer session based on the date of withdrawal:

  • By the end of day two – 100% refund
  • By the end of day four – 80% refund
  • By the end of day six – 70% refund
  • By the end of day eight – 60% refund
  • By the end of day ten – 50% refund
  • By the end of day twelve – 40% refund
  • After the end of day twelve – no refund

A withdrawing student must obtain a Withdrawal Form from the Office of Student Development and personally process it through the offices listed on that form. The official withdrawal date is the date the student signs the withdrawal form when the student initiates the withdrawal process. The withdrawal form must be completed and returned within two business days for the withdrawal date to be effective.

Tax 1098T forms?

Toccoa Falls College provides 1098T’s to all eligible students in January by a third party provider called ECSI. The 1098T’s are mailed to the address on file in the Registrar’s Office for the student. Students can reach ECSI via phone at their toll-free number 1-866-428-1098. Students need to provide to their tax preparer the eligible dollar amounts. We regret we are not authorized to answer specific tax questions. As we find web sites or information from other sources you may find useful, we will post them here.