M.A. Counseling Ministries
Why Study M.A. Counseling Ministries at TFC?
Master of Arts in Counseling Ministries program at Toccoa Falls College is designed for ministry personnel in the church or para-church organizations, who work with people’s mental health and relationship problems in individual, family, or group contexts. This is a non-licensure program that trains students in the skills and knowledge to provide ethical, competent, and compassionate care within a multicultural, integrated Christian framework.
TFC’s Counseling Ministry degree allows students to become skilled at providing expert counseling services for those in need through a Christian lens. Students will take an in-depth look at psychology, psychotherapy, and the Bible, giving students a well-rounded education and the ability to create a Christ-centered counseling program within their ministry. This innovative program provides interested individuals with an opportunity to pursue a career in psychology and counseling while staying true to their faith-based values.
- M.A. in Marriage & Family Therapy
- Graduate Certificate in Marriage & Family Therapy
M.A. Counseling Ministries Courses
The M.A. in Christian Ministry is a 36 credit hour asynchronous online program with 30 credit hours dedicated to the ministry foundations core and 6 hours dedicated to elective courses in a variety of areas including bible & theology, intercultural studies, and counseling.
- Care & Counseling Ministry
- Spiritual Dynamics in Counseling
- Relationship Counseling
- Group Counseling
- Counseling for Grief & Loss
- Brief & Solution-focused Counseling
M.A. in Counseling Ministries
For those who want to pursue a career as a counseling minister helping people through a Christian lens, the MACM program at Toccoa Falls College is an ideal option. This program offers:
- An excellent, high-quality, cousnseling graduate program. All courses are taught by qualified professors with industry expertise.
- A purposeful biblical worldview perspective. Every class integrates this perspective, ensuring that you can proceed with a Christian approach to counseling.
- A transformative experience for students, allowing you to grow in understanding your purpose and your calling as a counseling minister as part of God’s bigger plan.
- An affordable program, allowing anyone who feels called to this profession to have access to a valuable educational experience.
- A user-friendly online learning platform. Students in our online programs appreciate that our platform is both attractive and engaging, which enhances their overall experience at Toccoa Falls College.
- Small class sizes. We feel that our low student-to-instructor ratio allows our students to better connect with the material and to master the skills needed to succeed in their counseling degree program.