Student Health Services assists current students with information and resources to live a healthy lifestyle, while also helping incoming students with New Student Health Requirements.
The Wellness Center is home to Student Health Services and is your go-to place when you want to make a plan to feel your best or when you may feel a little under the weather.
Wellness Center Hours:
Monday-Thursday: 9AM – 5PM
Friday: 9AM – 1PM
Wellness Center Services
New Student Health Requirements
All incoming residential students taking at least 6 credit hours must complete the Medical History Form and have a record of required immunizations. Religious exemption is available for immunizations if needed.
- Hepatitis B – 3 doses
- Measles, Mumps and Rubella (MMR) – 2 doses
- Varicella (Chicken Pox) – 2 doses
- Tetanus booster within the last 10 years
Strongly Recommended Immunizations
- Meningitis vaccine – if you choose not to receive the meningitis vaccine you MUST read, sign, and return a Meningitis Waiver.
- Tuberculosis Test – This medical test is only required if you answer “yes” to either of the Tuberculosis Screening Questions on the Medical History Form. You will be required to submit your TB test results to Student Health Services and follow up with your local health care provider.
Health Insurance Information
Students are not required to carry health insurance, however it is strongly recommended. Student Athletes are required to have health insurance along with additional health requirements beyond those listed above. Contact email@example.com for more info.
*Student Health Services abides by recommendations and guidelines on immunizations and health requirements by the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), the Advisory Committee on Immunizations Practices (ACIP), the American College Health Association (ACHA) and the University System of Georgia Board of Regents.