- 1997- PhD- Florida State University
- 1985- MDiv/CE- The Southern Baptist Theological Seminary
- 1982- BS- Florida State University
- 2015- Teacher of the Year (Bryan College)
- 2001- Daniel E. Goodman Professor of the Year (Palm Beach Atlantic University)
When I’m away from the classroom, I enjoy:
- Spending time with my wife, kids, and grandkids
- The great outdoors (boating, biking, hiking, etc.)
- Playing guitar and banjo
- Creating things my wife finds on Pinterest
- Speech Communication and Humor
- Interpersonal and Family Communication
What courses do you teach at TFC?
- Introduction to Communication
- Interpersonal Communication
- Small Group Communication
- Organizational Communication
- Communication Theory
- Advanced Public Speaking
- Public Relations
- Nonverbal Communication
- Communication Research Methods
When did you begin teaching at TFC?
People might be interested to know:
- I served as a youth minister for about ten years before becoming a college professor
What is your favorite aspect of teaching at TFC?
- Creating community both in and out of the classroom.
Favorite verse/ quote:
- 1 Corinthians 1:27
“But God chose the foolish things of the world to shame the wise; he chose the weak things of the world to shame the strong.”
- “Things turn out best for those who make the best of the way things turn out.” -Unknown