- 1997- PhD- Florida State University
- 1985- MDiv/CE- The Southern Baptist Theological Seminary
- 1982- BS- Florida State University
- 2015- Teacher of the Year (Bryan College)
- 2001- Daniel E. Goodman Professor of the Year (Palm Beach Atlantic University)
- Speech Communication and Humor
- Interpersonal and Family Communication
What year did you begin teaching at TFC?
What is your favorite aspect of teaching at TFC?
Creating community both and out of the classroom
What courses do you teach at TFC?
- Introduction to Communication
- Interpersonal Communication
- Small Group Communication
- Organizational Communication
- Communication Theory
- Advanced Public Speaking
- Public Relations
- Nonverbal Communication
- Communication Research Methods
When I’m away from the classroom, I enjoy…
- Spending time with my wide, kids, and grandkids
- The great outdoors (boating, biking, hiking, etc.)
- Playing guitar and banjo
- Creating things my wife finds on Pinterest
People might be interested to know…
I served as a youth minister for about ten years before becoming a college professor.
Favorite verses/ quotations:
“But God chose the foolish things of the world to shame the wise; he chose the weak things of the world to shame the strong.” 1 Corinthians 1:27
“Things turn out best for those who make the best of the way things turn out.” (unknown)