TFC COVID-19 Update
TOCCOA FALLS COLLEGE
COVID-19 CAMPUS QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
March 31, 2020
- Will I be able to finish all my semester course requirements online?
All TFC professors have migrated residential course requirements to the online delivery mode. The utmost care is being taken to maintain the academic integrity of every class, so all students, regardless of major, will be able to complete the semester as if they were on campus. The normal grading scale and procedures will apply to each course. Students with questions or concerns about a class should contact the professor directly.
- Is tutoring still available?
Yes. The Center for Academic Success remains open and online tutoring services can still be obtained by emailing email@example.com
- Will there be a nursing pinning ceremony?
It is with the utmost regret that we must cancel the spring 2020 pinning ceremony for the Fetterman School of Nursing. A pin will be mailed to each BSN graduate who ordered one.
- Is the library open?
The Seby Jones Library remains open for current TFC students, faculty, and staff only. We are unable to accommodate the general public at this time.
- What about commencement?
Spring 2020 commencement will not take place on May 16. Instead, a special video for graduates will be made available on the TFC website that day and each student will be receiving a package from the College (including their diploma, Latin honors cord if applicable, alumni gift, etc.) recognizing their achievement. A commencement experience is also being planned for summer for any graduates who wish to walk. More information will follow as it becomes available. Graduates will receive an email from the Registrar’s Office containing specific instructions on how to cancel their cap/gown order for a refund.
STUDENT AFFAIRS/HOUSING INFORMATION
- What do I need to do about earning Spiritual Formation Credits?
The Office of Spiritual Formation has decided to waive all the requirements for Spiritual Formation credits for the spring 2020 semester. TFC will still be offering an online version of community worship for the remainder of the semester. Follow @tfc_spiritualformation on Instagram for daily encouragement from Chris Stratton.
- I am enrolled in SAO and am unable to complete my hours due to COVID-19. What should I do?
The Director of Student Engagement is working with those students currently enrolled in a SAO course who are unable to complete their hours due to a closure of the organization they were working with. Check your SAO course pages for more information. Email Saylo Lor (firstname.lastname@example.org), Director of Student Engagement, with any questions.
- I was living on campus. How can I get my belongings out of my room?
TFC has an expedited checkout process for those students who were living on campus. Students must sign up for a checkout time. There are limits to the number of students who can check out each day to help avoid spreading the virus. Katie Thorne, the Director of Housing and Residence Life, will send students an email with information about the check-out process and how to sign up for an appointment.
- Are residence halls open?
As we know, some students are unable to go home during this time. Whether it is due to a lack of internet service, families living overseas, or their family is under quarantine, students may need a place to live during this time. Students with a legitimate need have the option to remain on campus for the remainder of the semester and through the summer. An online application is available. Email Katie Thorne (email@example.com) with any questions about this process.
Please note that if you choose to remain on campus for the remainder of the semester, you are not permitted to go home. If you choose to go home, you will not be able to return to campus until this situation has passed.
- Does anyone on campus have COVID-19?
We have received no reports of COVID-19 cases on campus. If anyone on campus is showing symptoms (sore throat, fever, trouble breathing), please see your doctor immediately. Students who do not have a local doctor can visit WorkWell Primary Care Walk-in Clinic located at 115 Rock Quarry Road or the emergency room at Stephens County Hospital.
- Is the dining hall open?
Dining services will be provided for those students on the meal plan who need to remain on campus.
- What about a refund?
The college is evaluating the possibility of a partial refund. We will keep you informed as we complete our evaluation.
THE FALLS AND GATE COTTAGE
- Are the Falls and the Gift Shop still open?
No. Both are closed until further notice.
- Are Sunday brunches at Gate Cottage still available?
No. The Sunday brunches are not available until further notice.
- Are offices open?
Yes. Campus offices remain open to serve our students. You may continue to contact staff members by phone and email.
- Will the TFC Mail Service Center remain open?
Yes. Effective April 1, 2020 business hours are Monday – Friday, 9:30am – 2:00pm. Notification will be given if operating hours change.
- Will the Print shop/Copying Center remain open?
Yes. Business hours are Monday – Friday, 8:00 am – 4:30 pm. Notification will be given if operating hours change.
- May I continue to use athletic facilities on campus?
No. All athletic facilities are closed. This includes the fitness center building, the weight room, and all athletic fields including the intramural field.
CAMPUS CONTACT INFORMATION
- Graduation – Jason Jordan– firstname.lastname@example.org 5330
- Registration – Jason Jordan– email@example.com 5330
- Housing – Katie Thorne — firstname.lastname@example.org 5320
- Meals – Katie Thorne — email@example.com 5320
- Or Melissa D’Albora, Director of Dining Services —Melissa.firstname.lastname@example.org ext. 6046
- Counseling Services — Amy Marshall– email@example.com 5304
- Counselors are still available for students who come to campus. If a student is unable to come to campus, the Wellness Center can help them find resources in their area.
- The Falls and Gate Cottage – Allie Hotalen — firstname.lastname@example.org 5219
- Library – Mrs. Selina Slate — email@example.com 5302
- Spiritual Formation – Chris Stratton — firstname.lastname@example.org 5291
- Security – Stephen Johannes — email@example.com 5220
- Admissions – Taylor Keene — firstname.lastname@example.org 888-785-5624
- Tutoring – Mrs. Nancy Hyndman — email@example.com 5462
- Online Class IT Support – Mr. Christian Green firstname.lastname@example.org 5463