- M.A. – University of Louisville
- B.A. – Georgetown College
- 2021 Professor of Impact Award
- 2011–Vulcan Award for Teaching Excellence
- 2004–Who’s Who Among America’s Teachers
- 1993–Board of Trustees Teaching Commendation, University of Louisville
- 1992–Coleman Arnold Award for Excellence in Research English, Georgetown College
- 1990–Mary E. Wharton Award in American History, Georgetown College
- Conference on Christianity & Literature
- The Jane Austen Society of North America
When I’m away from the classroom, I enjoy:
- Watching movies
- Teaching Sunday school
- Spending quality time with friends & family
Scholarly Work and Publications:
- The Adventures of Tom Sawyer (Progeny Press Study Guide)
- Anne of Green Gables (Progeny Press Study Guide)
What courses do you teach at TFC?
- Freshman Comp. I & II
- American Literature I & II
- World Lit. II
- Jane Austen
- Women’s Literature
- Advanced Composition
- Contemporary Literature
- The American Novel
When did you begin teaching at TFC?
People might be interested to know:
- My favorite area of study involves women’s literature. I am delighted to participate in the activities of JASNA (the Jane Austen Society of North America), and I have served as a judge for JASNA’s writing contest since 2013. It is one of the largest student writing competitions in the world.
What is your favorite aspect of teaching at TFC?
- I enjoy helping students engage in meaningful spiritual integration in my English courses!
- Isaiah 26:3
“You will keep him in perfect peace whose mind is stayed on you, because he trusts in you.”
- “But hope deferred is still hope.” -Marilynne Robinson