- 2009 – Ed. S. Teaching and Learning, Liberty University
- 1994 – M. Ed. Elementary Education, Clemson University
- 1988 – B.S. Early Childhood, Toccoa Falls College
What year did you begin teaching at TFC?
What is your favorite aspect of teaching at TFC?
Being able to bring the Christian worldview to the classroom and make a positive impact in the lives of pre-service teachers.
What courses do you teach at TFC?
- Children’s Literature
- Reading Diagnosis and Remediation
- Instructional Design (Elementary)
- Introduction to Reading Methods
- Creative Arts & Motor Skills
- Content Methods 1 ELA/SS
- Reading & Writing in the Content Areas (Elementary)
When I’m away from the classroom, I enjoy…
Cooking and vacationing with my family
- Spending time with friends
- Reading a good book
- Working on puzzles
- Playing board games with friends and family
- Working on simple craft projects
“Trust the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight.”
“Do nothing for selfishness or empty conceit, but with humility of mind regard one another as more important than yourselves; do not merely look out for your own personal interests, but also for the interests of others.”
“Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable-if anything is excellent or praiseworthy-think about such things.”