- 2009 – Ed. S. Teaching and Learning, Liberty University
- 1994 – M. Ed. Elementary Education, Clemson University
- 1988 – B.S. Early Childhood, Toccoa Falls College
When I’m away from the classroom, I enjoy:
Cooking and vacationing with my family
- Spending time with friends
- Reading a good book
- Working on puzzles
- Playing board games with friends and family
- Working on simple craft projects
What courses do you teach at TFC?
- Children’s Literature
- Reading Diagnosis and Remediation
- Instructional Design (Elementary)
- Introduction to Reading Methods
- Creative Arts & Motor Skills
- Content Methods 1 ELA/SS
- Reading & Writing in the Content Areas (Elementary)
When did you begin teaching at TFC?
What is your favorite aspect of teaching at TFC?
- Being able to bring the Christian worldview to the classroom and make a positive impact in the lives of pre-service teachers.
What might people be interested to know?
- I grew up in a military family. By the time I graduated from high school we had lived in 5 different states and 2 countries.
- Proverbs 3:5-6
“Trust the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight.”
- Philippians 2:3-4
“Do nothing for selfishness or empty conceit, but with humility of mind regard one another as more important than yourselves; do not merely look out for your own personal interests, but also for the interests of others.”
- Philippians 4:8
“Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable-if anything is excellent or praiseworthy-think about such things.”