- Ed.D. Curriculum and Instruction, University of Louisiana Monroe (In Progress)
- Ed.S. Science Education, University of Georgia
- M.S.Ed. Secondary Education/ Biology, Troy University
- B.S. Biology, Troy University
- Ed.D. Educational Leadership, University of the Cumberlands (In Progress)
Scholarly Work and Publications:
- Worth, E., Singh, H. & Luft, J.A. Determining the magnitude of OOF teaching: What the research says. Report for the Out-of-Field Teaching Project. Athens, GA: UGA
When I’m away from the classroom, I enjoy:
- Being outdoors with my family either at the lake or hiking
- College football
- Raising chickens
When did you begin teaching at TFC?
What courses do you teach at TFC?
- Middle Grades and Secondary Content Methods I
- Middle Grades and Secondary Content Methods II
- Technology for Teachers
- Middle Grades and Secondary Instructional Design
- Middle Grades and Secondary Clinical Practice
- Education Independent Study (Pre-planning)
- Biology I and II (Online)
What is your favorite aspect of teaching at TFC?
- My favorite aspect of teaching at TFC is being able to bring a Biblical perspective into the classroom and have meaningful discussions about how to navigate the joys and challenges that arise in the teaching profession. I am blessed to help shape our future teachers to become the hands and feet of Jesus in our school systems.
What might people be interested to know about you?
- I played piccolo in my college marching band (The Sound of the South)!
- 2 Corinthians 12:9-10
“But He said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me. For the sake of Christ, then, I am content with weaknesses, insults, hardships, persecutions, and calamities. For when I am weak, then I am strong.”