- DMA - University of Georgia
- M.A. – Eastman School of Music
- B.A. – Ehwa Women’s University
- ACME (Artists, Composers, Musicologists & Educators) Mu Phi Epsilon International. Honorees for a distinguished national or international career as an artist and educator, 2016 Faculty Scholar of the Year, Toccoa Falls College, 2012 Wade Distinguished Scholar Faculty Award, Toccoa Falls College, 2011
- Recipient of the Fuller E. Callaway Professorial Chair Award, 2020.
- College Music Society
- Georgia Music Teachers Association
- Mu Phi Epsilon International Professional Music Fraternity
- Music Teachers National Association
- National Federation of Music Clubs
When I’m away from the classroom, I enjoy:
- Playing my piano and listening to music
- Examination of breathing patterns in performance
- Comparison among different editions of Chopin’s Etude Op. 10
Scholarly Work and Publications:
- Interview, Newton TV, Newton, Massachusetts, 2015
- Cover story, “The Music: “You Ju Lee at Toccoa Falls College,”, 2014 CD Recoding: “Chopin: Selected Piano Works, You Ju Lee, Piano,”, 2013 CD Recording: “Bella Musica: Women Composers”,2008
- Author, “Marga Richter’s Character Sketches for Piano Easy to Intermediate Level Twentieth Century Teaching Works”, Clavier Companion, November/December 2011
When did you begin teaching at TFC?
What courses do you teach at TFC?
- Applied Piano
- Class Piano
- Literature for Instruments and Pedagogy for Instruments
What is your favorite aspect of teaching at TFC?
- I strive to make sure my students always know that I believe in their Godgiven talents and that through hard work they can accomplish great things in serving the Lord through music.
What might people be interested to know about you?
- I am especially interested in meeting and performing music with people from different cultural backgrounds. I also enjoy traveling, both here in the United States, and overseas.
- Psalm 100 expresses the importance of music in service to God:
“Make a joyful noise unto the Lord, all ye lands. Serve the Lord with gladness; come before his presence with singing. Know ye that the Lord he is God; it is he that hath made us, and not we ourselves; we are his people, and the sheep of his pasture. Enter into his gates with thanksgiving, and into his courts with praise; be thankful unto him, and bless his name. For the Lord is good; his mercy is everlasting; and his truth endureth to all generations.”