- DMA - University of Georgia
- M.A. – Eastman School of Music
- B.A. – Ehwa Women’s University
- ACME (Artists, Composers, Musicologists & Educators) Mu Phi Epsilon International. Honorees for a distinguished national or international career as an artist and educator, 2016 Faculty Scholar of the Year, Toccoa Falls College, 2012 Wade Distinguished Scholar Faculty Award, Toccoa Falls College, 2011
- College Music Society
- Georgia Music Teachers Association
- Mu Phi Epsilon International Professional Music Fraternity
- Music Teachers National Association
- National Federation of Music Clubs
Examination of breathing patterns in performance.
Comparison among different editions of Chopin’s Etude Op. 10
Scholarly Work and Publications
Interview, Newton TV, Newton, Massachusetts, 2015
Cover story, “The Music: “You Ju Lee at Toccoa Falls College,”, 2014 CD Recoding: “Chopin: Selected Piano Works, You Ju Lee, Piano,”, 2013 CD Recording: “Bella Musica: Women Composers”,2008
Author, “Marga Richter’s Character Sketches for Piano Easy to Intermediate Level Twentieth Century Teaching Works”, Clavier Companion, November/December 2011
What is your favorite aspect of teaching at TFC
I strive to make sure my students always know that I believe in their Godgiven talents and that through hard work they can accomplish great things in serving the Lord through music.
What courses do you teach at TFC
Accompanying, Applied Piano, Class Piano, Literature for Instruments and Pedagogy for Instruments
When I’m away from the classroom, I enjoy
I enjoy playing my piano and listening to music.
Psalm 100 expresses the importance of music in service to God: Make a joyful noise unto the Lord, all ye lands. Serve the Lord with gladness; come before his presence with singing. Know ye that the Lord he is God; it is he that hath made us, and not we ourselves; we are his people, and the sheep of his pasture. Enter into his gates with thanksgiving, and into his courts with praise; be thankful unto him, and bless his name. For the Lord is good; his mercy is everlasting; and his truth endureth to all generations.”