- PhD in Nursing 2018 – Augusta University
- Masters of Science in Nursing 2011 – Augusta University
- Bachelors of Science in Chemical Engineering 1983 – North Carolina State University
- Marlene Rosenkoetter Research Award – May 2018
- Beta Omicron Research Grant Award – March 2017
- Vickie A. and Clinton E. Lambert Nursing Scholarship – April 2017
- Robert Wood Johnson Scholarship for New Careers in nursing – August 2010
- Medical College of Georgia Health Scholarship – August 2011
- Graduated with Distinction with my PhD – May 2018
- Phi Kappa Pi
- Sigma Theta Tau – current secretary for the Beta Omicron Chapter
- National Society for Leadership and Success
- Georgia Association for Nursing Education
- International Society of Psychiatric-Mental Health Nurses
- Mental health and adolescents (focus on depression)
- Physical activity and mental health
Publications, Presentations, or Scholarly Works
- Published dissertation in ProQuest
What year did you begin teaching at TFC?
What is your favorite aspect of teaching at TFC?
The Christian environment and the wonderful students, faculty, and staff. I am especially blessed by my peers in the nursing program.
What courses do you teach at TFC?
- Pharmacology and pathophysiology
- Mental Health Nursing
- Assist with several other nursing courses
When I’m away from the classroom, I enjoy…
- Teaching and participating in Group Fitness classes
- Playing competitive tennis
- Enjoying the beach – especially Atlantic Beach in Florida
People might be interested to know…
I am half Japanese, my father served in the Air Force so we moved around quite often, and my only son is a professional musician.
Favorite verses/quotations: Deuteronomy 31:6