- Ph.D. – Regent University
- M.A. – Liberty University
- B.S. – Nyack College
- 2019 Faculty of Impact Award
- 2018 Honorable Mention: Biblical Interpretation, Associated Church Press
- 2018 Faculty Scholar of the Year Award
- 2015 Vulcan Materials Company Teaching Excellence Award
- 2014 Catholic Press Association Honorable Mention: Best Essay
- 2013 Regent University School of Business & Leadership Outstanding Dissertation of the Year
- 2010 Academic Business World International Conference & International Conference on Learning and Administration in Higher Education Presentation Excellence Award
- 2010 Academic Business World International Conference & International Conference on Learning and Administration in Higher Education Best Paper Award
- Licensed Worker, Christian & Missionary Alliance
- International Leadership Association
When I’m away from the classroom, I enjoy:
- Time with my family
- Hosting students and friends at our house
- I am fascinated by the intersection of leadership and follower development, especially as it pertains to a Christian environment. This has included research in a theology of leadership, discipleship, mentoring, rituals, follower development, and locus of control, in addition to various exegetical articles relevant to church leadership.
Scholarly Work and Publications:
- Founder and Editor, Theology of Leadership Journal
- Click here for all scholarly work and publications.
What courses do you teach at TFC?
- Introduction to Preaching
- Preaching as a Communication Tool
- Pastoral Methods
- Emotionally Healthy Minister
- Organization and Administration
- Pastoral Ministries Internship
- Senior Seminar
- Advanced Ministry Experience SAO
- Followership: The Other Side of Leadership (MAOL)
When did you begin teaching at TFC?
People might be interested to know:
- Traveled through 29 states in five weeks
- Have spent over six months overseas on various short term missions trips.
What is your favorite aspect of teaching at TFC?
- “It was not upon light grounds that I relinquished the clerical for the professorial life; and I am more and more confirmed in the belief that a chair in a college is a higher station on the field of Christian usefulness, than a parish anywhere [else]. Could one acquit himself rightly of his duties as a professor, it is incalculable the good which might be done to the guides and the clergy of our next generation.” -Thomas Chalmers
Chalmers sums it up for me…a great honor, privilege, and responsibility to walk with my students in their academic journey and beyond.
- Philippians 3:10
“I want to know Jesus, and the power of His resurrection, and the fellowship of His suffering, becoming like Him in death.”