- Ph.D. – Regent University
- M.A. – Liberty University
- B.S. – Nyack College
- 2018 Faculty Scholar of the Year Award
- 2015 Vulcan Materials Company Teaching Excellence Award
- 2014 Catholic Press Association Honorable Mention: Best Essay
- 2013 Regent University School of Business & Leadership Outstanding Dissertation of the Year
- 2010 Academic Business World International Conference & International Conference on Learning and Administration in Higher Education Presentation Excellence Award
- 2010 Academic Business World International Conference & International Conference on Learning and Administration in Higher Education Best Paper Award
- Licensed Worker, Christian & Missionary Alliance
- International Leadership Association
I am fascinated by the intersection of leadership and follower development, especially as it pertains to a Christian environment. This has included research in a theology of leadership, discipleship, mentoring, rituals, follower development, and locus of control, in addition to various exegetical articles relevant to church leadership.
Scholarly Work and Publications
Founder and Editor, Theology of Leadership Journal
See https://tfc.academia.edu/RussellHuizing for all scholarly work and publications.
What year did you begin teaching at TFC
What is your favorite aspect of teaching at TFC
“It was not upon light grounds that I relinquished the clerical for the professorial life; and I am more and more confirmed in the belief that a chair in a college is a higher station on the field of Christian usefulness, than a parish anywhere [else]. Could one acquit himself rightly of his duties as a professor, it is incalculable the good which
might be done to the guides and the clergy of our next generation.”
Chalmers sums it up for me…a great honor, privilege, and responsibility to walk with my students in their academic journey and beyond.
What courses do you teach at TFC
- Advanced Ministry Experience SAO
- Emotionally Healthy Minister/Youth Minister
- Foundations of Christian Ministry
- Introduction to Preaching
- Organization and Administration
- Pastoral Methods
- Pastoral Ministries Internship
- Preaching as a Communication Tool
- Senior Seminar
When I’m away from the classroom, I enjoy
Time with my family, traveling, camping, reading, hosting students and friends at our house.
People might be interested to know
I have skydived, bungie-jumped, traveled through 29 states in five weeks, and have spent over six months overseas on various short term missions trips.
Philippians 3:10 – I want to know Jesus, and the power of His resurrection, and the fellowship of His suffering, becoming like Him in death.