- MA, PsyD, Clinical Psychology, Regent University
- Certificate of Advanced Graduate Studies, Leadership, Regent University
- MTh, Theological Ethics-Christian Leadership, University of South Africa (UNISA)
- MDiv, Christian Formation/ Pastoral Counseling, Pentecostal Theological Seminary
- Honored Member, Cambridge Who’s Who Registry of Executives, Professionals and Entrepreneurs, 2010-2011
- “Thank a Professor” Award, Regent University, 2007
- International Association of Trauma Professionals (IATP) 2011-Present
- Christian Association of Psychological Studies (CAPS) 2007-Present
- Trauma, Attachment Theory, Emotional Maturity, EQ, Marital Enrichment and Couples Counseling, Multicultural Psychology, Psychology of Religion, Positive Psychology (especially Humility, Gratitude, Compassion, and Forgiveness), Sex Addiction
- Spiritual Formation/ Christian Spirituality
- Christian Leadership Development and Organizational Culture
Publications, Presentations, or Scholarly Works:
- Kilian, M. (2018). Formational Leadership: Developing Spiritual and Emotional Maturity in Toxic Leaders. Eugene, OR: Wipf & Stock.
- Kilian, M., & Parker, S. (2003). A Wesleyan Spirituality: Implications for Clinical Practice. In Mark McMinn and Todd Hall (eds.), Spiritual Formation, Counseling, and Psychotherapy. New York: Nova Science Publishers.
Peer-Reviewed Journal Articles:
- Burchard, G., Yarhouse, M. A., Worthington, E. L., Jr., Barry, J. W., Cantor, D., & Kilian, M.K. (2003).
- A Study of Two Marital Enrichment Programs and Couples’ Quality of Life. Journal of Psychology and Theology, 31(3), 240-252.
- Hill, P.C., & Kilian, M.K. (2003). Assessing Clinically Significant Religious Impairment in Clients: Applications from Measures in the Psychology of Religion and Spirituality. Mental Health, Religion & Culture, 6(2), 149-160.
- Kilian, M., & Parker, S. (2001). A Wesleyan Spirituality: Implications for Clinical Practice. Journal of Psychology and Theology, 29, 72-80.
What year did you begin teaching at TFC?
What is your favorite aspect of teaching at TFC?
The cross-cultural Christ-centered organizational culture.
What courses do you teach at TFC?
- General Psychology
- Crisis & Trauma Therapy
- Human Sexuality
- Psychology of Religion
- Social Psychology
When I’m away from the classroom, I enjoy…
Hiking, watching movies, playing ping pong
People might be interested to know… that I like ballroom dancing
John 17:20-21 (NIV): “My prayer is not for them alone. I pray also for those who will believe in me through their message, that all of them may be one, Father, just as you are in me and I am in you. May they also be in us so that the world may believe that you have sent me.”