- Ph.D. – North Carolina State University
- B.S. – Saint Francis College (PA)
- 2009 Professor of Impact Award, Toccoa Falls College Student Government Association
- 2008 Professor of Impact Award, Toccoa Falls College Student Government Association
- 2007 Vulcan Materials Company Teaching Excellence Award, Vulcan Materials Company Southeast Division and Georgia Foundation for Independent Colleges, Inc.
- 2007 Professor of Impact Award, Toccoa Falls College Student Government Association
- 1999 Outstanding Student Award, North Carolina Entomological Society
- 1998 North Carolina State University College of Agriculture and Life Sciences Outstanding Graduate Student Teaching Award
Scholarly Work and Publications
- Clements, K.M., B.M. Wiegmann, C.E. Sorenson, C.F. Smith, P.A. Neese, and R.M. Roe. 2000. Genetic variation in the Myzus persicae complex (Homoptera: Aphididae): evidence for a single species. Annals of the Entomological Society of America 93: 3146.
- Clements, K.M., C.E. Sorenson, B.M. Wiegmann, P.A. Neese, and R.M. Roe. 2000. Genetic, biochemical and behavioral uniformity among populations of Myzus nicotianae Blackman and Myzus persicae (Sulzer) (Homoptera: Aphididae). Entomologia Experimentalis et Applicata 95:269281.
- Clements, K.M., C.E. Sorenson, B.M. Wiegmann, and R.M. Roe. 1999/2000. Insecticide resistance in the Myzus persicae complex (Homoptera: Aphididae) with emphasis on tobacco pest management. Reviews in Toxicology 3:123.
- Cherrington, N.J., J.G. Falls, R.L. Rose, K.M. Clements, R.M. Philpot, P.E. Levi, and E. Hodgson. 1998. Molecular cloning, sequence, and expression of mouse flavin-containing monooxygenases 1 and 5 (FMO1 and FMO5). Journal of Biochemical and Molecular Toxicology 12: 205212.
- Falls, J.G., N.J. Cherrington, K.M. Clements, R.M. Philpot, P.E. Levi, R.L. Rose, and E. Hodgson. 1997. Molecular cloning, sequencing, and expression in Escherichia coli of mouse flavin-containing monooxygenase 3 (FMO3): comparison with the human isoform. Archives of Biochemistry and Biophysics 347: 9-18.
- Keating, S.T., K.M. Clements, D. Ostrowski and T. Hanlon. 1996. Disinfectant Properties of Acid Mine Drainage: Its Effects on Enteric Bacteria in a Sewage Contaminated Stream. Journal of Freshwater Ecology 11:271282.
What year did you begin teaching at TFC?
What is your favorite aspect of teaching at TFC?
Exploring the relationship between science and faith and encouraging students to embrace the connections between these often dichotomized fields.
What courses do you teach at TFC
- SCI 113 Scientific Literacy
- SCI 243 Earth Science
- BIO 313 Evolutionary Biology
- BIO 323 Introduction to Global Public Health
- BIO 314 Genetics
- BIO 411 Biology Senior Seminar
- BIO 413 Cell Biology
- BIO 423 Ecology
When I’m away from the classroom, I enjoy…
- Day hiking with my family
- Singing in choirs
- Watching sports
People might be interested to know…
I am a huge fan of opera and classical music in general.
Colossians 1:15-17 (NASB)
“And He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of all creation, for by Him all things were created, both in the heavens and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or rulers or authorities–all things have been created by Him and for Him. And He is before all things, and in Him all things hold together.”
“In every true searcher of Nature there is a kind of religious reverence, for he finds it impossible to imagine that he is the first to have thought out the exceedingly delicate threads that connect his perceptions.” -Albert Einstein