Dr. Kenneth J. Turner
- Ph.D. -Southern Baptist Theological Seminary
- M.Div. -Southern Baptist Theological Seminary
- B.A. -Arizona State University
- 2020: Faculty Scholar of the Year at Toccoa Falls College
- 2022: Wade Distinguished Scholars Award at Toccoa Falls College
- All things Old Testament
- Some things New Testament
- Biblical Theology
- Social Justice
Scholarly Work and Publications:
- Commentary on Habakkuk. For new Zondervan series, Zondervan Exegetical Commentary on the Old Testament, gen. ed. Daniel I. Block. (in progress)
- Back to the Beginning: Educating Students and Parents about Evolution, Genesis, and Coexistence. (co-authored; in progress)
- The Manifold Beauty of Genesis 1. Gregg Davidson and Kenneth J. Turner. Kregel, 2021.
- The Death of Deaths in the Death of Israel: Deuteronomy’s Theology of Exile. Wipf & Stock, 2011.
- For Our Good Always: Studies on the Message and Influence of Deuteronomy in Honor of Daniel I. Block, ed. Jason S. DeRouchie, Jason Gile, and Kenneth J. Turner. Eisenbrauns, 2013.
- Articles and Chapters:
- “If Walton Right on His Function-Only View: Some Implications.” Web article for The Biologos Foundation. Mar 19, 2015.
- “Discordant Views on Concordism” (with Brian E. Eisenback). Web article for The Biologos Foundation. Feb 23, 2015.
- “Teaching Origins in a Christian Context: Charity and Unity in Spite of Disagreement” (with Brian E. Eisenback). New Creation. 2014.
- “Christian education and its shortcomings: Why we need a fair and balanced approach to origins” (with Brian E. Eisenback). Web article for The Biologos Foundation. Dec 2013.
- “Deuteronomy’s Theology of Exile.” In For Our Good Always: Studies on the Message and Influence of Deuteronomy in Honor of Daniel I. Block, ed. Jason S. DeRouchie, Jason Gile, and Kenneth J. Turner. Eisenbrauns, 2013.
- “Teaching Genesis 1 at a Christian College.” In Reading Genesis 1-2: An Evangelical Conversation, ed. J. Daryl Charles. Pp. 187–205. Hendrickson, 2013.
- “Exodus.” In What the Old Testament Authors Really Cared About, ed. Jason S. DeRouchie. Pp. 80-101. Kregel, 2013.
- “The Kind-ness of God: A Theological Reflection of Mîn, ‘Kind’.” In Genesis Kinds: Creationism and the Origin of Species, ed. Todd C. Wood and Paul A. Garner. Center for Origins Research in Creation. Eugene, OR: Wipf & Stock, 2009. Pp. 31-64.
- “A Study of Articulation in the Greek Ruth.” Bulletin for the International Organization of Septuagint and Cognate Studies 34 (2001): 95-114.
- Book Reviews:
- John Currid’s Against the Gods: The Polemical Theology of the Old Testament (Crossway, 2013) for The Journal of Baptist Studies 7 (Feb 2015): 83–86.
- Robert L. Plummer, 40 Questions About Interpreting the Bible in JETS (Fall 2011): 374-76.
- Evangelical Theological Society
- Institute for Biblical Research
- Society of Biblical Literature
- American Scientific Affiliation
“For Ezra had set his heart to study the Torah of YHWH, to practice it, and to teach its statutes and ordinances in Israel.”
The international flavor and missions emphasis of the community.