- Ph.D. – University of Georgia
- M.Ed. – University of Pittsburgh
- B.S. – Geneva College
- Who’s Who in America, 2007
- Who’s Who Among American Women, 2006
- Who’s Who Among American Teachers in the Southeast, 2000
- Who’s Who Among America’s Teachers, 1998, 2004, 2005,
- Faculty Development in Georgia Grant Recipient, 1991-1992
- Outstanding Achievement and Service in Curriculum Development, Portage Area School District, 1985
- Outstanding Achievement in Teaching, 1976
- Georgia Assessment Directors Association (GADA)
- Georgia Association of Teacher Educators (GATE)
- Georgia Association of Teacher Educators (GACTE)
- Georgia Association of Independent Colleges of Teacher Education (GAICTE)
- Early Childhood Literary
- Children’s Literature
Scholarly Work and Publications
- Contributor to Leaves from the Tree God Planted, Toccoa Falls College, 2006
- Professional Analyst for Elementary Classroom Management, 2nd ed., by C. M. Charles and Gail W. Senter, 1995
- Galda, L., Diehl. D., & Ware, L. (1993). Children’s Books: One World, One Family. The Reading Teacher, 46(5), 410419.
- Contributor to Salem Press Masterplots II in Juvenile and Young Adult Biography, 1992
- Contributor to Salem Press Master plots II in Juvenile and Young Adult Fiction, 1991
What year did you begin teaching at TFC?
What is your favorite aspect of teaching at TFC?
Seeing teacher candidates become great teachers in their own classrooms after graduating from Toccoa Falls College
What courses do you teach at TFC?
- Teacher Education Orientation
- Introduction to Reading
- Children Literature
- Educational Seminar
- Professional Integration
When I’m away from the classroom, I enjoy…
Visiting new places with my husband, reading good books, spending time with family and friends, watching a good movie.
People might be interested to know…
I survived the rapids of the Kenai River in Alaska.
“For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind.” (2 Timothy 1:7, New King James Version)