- Ph. D. – Medical College of Georgia
- B.S. – Pensacola Christian College
- 2008 – Discover Rx Travel Award for Southeastern Pharmacological Society (SEPS) Regional Conference Charleston, SC
- 2009 – 2010 – MCG’s Lettie Pate Whitehead Scholarship Experimental Biology Conference, 3rd place in the 2010 – ASPET iSTCP (Division for Integrative Systems, Translational and Clinical Pharmacology) Best Poster Competition
- 2009 – The National Scholars Honor Society
- 2009 – MCG Department of Pharmacology & Toxicology Graduate Seminar Presentation Award, Upper Level Students’ Division
- 2010 – MCG School of Graduate Studies Graduate Student Organization, Certificate of Appreciation for Exemplary Service as GSO Secretary
- 2008 – MCG Department of Pharmacology & Toxicology Graduate Seminar Presentation Award, 1st – 3rd Year Students’ Division
- 2007 – 2009 Who’s Who of Business & Professional Women
- American Society for Pharmacology & Experimental Therapeutics (ASPET), Regular Member 2007-2016
- American Association for the Advancement of Science (AAAS), Professional Member 2007 – Present
- American Heart Association (AHA), Student Member 2007-2011
- American Physiology Society (APS), Postdoctoral Member 2005-2011
When I’m away from the classroom, I enjoy:
- Raising rabbits
- Farm-to-table food
- Everything! Currently: The Steinle Study a data retrospective on the age and gender association of the location and severity of vertebral displacement* in the patient population drawn from the Advanced Wellness Center in the Central Savannah River Area (CSRA; Georgia and South Carolina) of the South-Eastern United States. TFC Ecology Survey: a population estimation of plant, insect, and animal species on the 1000+ acre campus of Toccoa Falls College for the purpose of sustainable development and conservation.
Scholarly Work and Publications:
- Royal CR, Ma H, Walker R, White RE. Estrogen signaling in microvascular arteries: parturition reduces vasodilation by reducing 17estradiol and nNOS. Steroids. 2011 Sep-Oct;76( 10-11): 991-7. Epub 2011 Mar 31.
- Yu T, Chen QK, Gong Y, Xia ZS, Royal CR, Huang KH. Higher expression patterns of the intestinal stem cell markers Mushasi1 and hairy and enhancer of split 1 and their correspondence with proliferation patterns in the mouse jejunum. Med Sci Monit. 2010 Feb;16(2):BR68-74.
- Xia Z, Zhang L, Chen Q, Royal C, Yu Z, Liu Z, Adam BL. Stable reversal of multidrug resistance in colon cancer cells by RNA interference targeting the MDR1 gene. Mol Med Report. 2009 Jul-Aug;2( 4):579-84.
- Xia Z, Zhu Z, Zhang L, Royal C, Liu Z, Chen Q, Adam BL. Specific reversal of MDR1/P-gp-dependent multidrug resistance by RNA interference in colon cancer cells. Oncol Rep. 2008 Dec;20(6):1433-9.
- Crista R. Royal, Richard Walker, Handong Ma, and Richard E. White. Estrogen signaling alterations in resistance arteries postpartum. April 2014 Experimental Biology, San Diego, CA, #8169.
- Crista R. Royal, Richard Walker, Handong Ma, and Richard E. White. Parturition Alters Estrogen Signaling in Microvascular Arteries: Impaired nNOS. April 2011 Experimental Biology, Washington, D.C., #8378.
- Crista R Royal and Richard E. White. Estrogen-induced resistance artery relaxation is nNOS-and age-dependent in postpartum rats. April 2010 Experimental Biology, Anaheim, CA, #2979.
- Crista R Royal and Richard E. White. COX mediates impaired estrogen-induced relaxation in resistance arteries from postpartum rats. April 2009 Experimental Biology, New Orleans, LA, #3006.
- Crista Ruth Royal, Richard E. White. Endothelium-and-NOS-independent estrogen relaxation of rat mesenteric resistance arteries is reduced in postpartum rats. Sept. 2008 Southeastern Pharmacological Society (SEPS) Regional Conference, Charleston, SC, #43.
- Crista Ruth Royal, Richard E. White. Ovariectomy impairs estrogen-induced relaxation of mesenteric microvessels. April 2008 Experimental Biology, San Diego, CA, Abstract #4090
- Inscho EW, Clarke A, Zhang S, Royal CR, Osmond D. P2 receptor mediated calcium signaling responses are impaired in preglomerular smooth muscle cells (PVSMC) of AngII hypertensive rats fed a high salt diet. Oct. 2006 AHA Hypertension Conference, San Antonio, TX; 48;E25-E103.
- Royal C, Sloan G and Cannon JG. P-Selectin enhances hyaluronate-induced IL-10 secretion, 2004, Medical College of Georgia.
- Cannon JG, Stec T, Royal CR and Sloan GJ: Ultrasound therapy augments interleukin-1 type I receptor expression in damaged muscle, 2004, Medical College of Georgia.
- Smith, Michael H.; Novak, James M.; Oleksyk, Taras; Purdue, James R.; Royal, Crista and Weber, Manuel: Genetic and morphological comparisons of Cervid species from the Yucatan Peninsula, 2005, Savannah River Ecology Laboratory, University of Georgia.
- Smith MH, Royal C, Purdue R. Genetic and morphological comparisons of cervid species from the Yucatan peninsula. June 2004, American Society of Mammalologists (ASM), Humboldt State U, Arcata, CA.
What courses do you teach at TFC
- Biology Survey
- Biology I & II
- Anatomy & Physiology
- Earth Science
- SAO Apple Orchard Planting
- SAO Mexico Medical Missions Trip
- Summer Research Internships in Biology, Medicine, or Ecology
- Independent Study
- Study Abroad in Biology
When did you begin teaching at TFC?
People might be interested to know:
- I have owned several small businesses including Fabulous Fun Clown Co.
What is your favorite aspect of teaching at TFC?
- Not only do we have excellent students, but TFC provides an environment where I can get to know and support students outside of class. The administration has encouraged curriculum and outside research development so we can continue to improve our Biology & Pre-Medical programs.
- Matthew 22:37-40
“Love the Lord your God with all your heart, soul, mind, and strength. This is the 1st and great commandment.”