Dr. Brian Peek
- 1991 Ph.D.- Organic Chemistry from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
- 1986- B.S.- Chemistry- Wake Forest University
- 2014-15- Governor’s Teaching Fellow
- 2013- Brady Faculty Award for Excellence in Teaching
- 2007- Six Sigma Master Black Belt
- Chemistry I
- Chemistry II
- Organic Chemistry I
- Organic Chemistry II
- Physics I
- Physics II
- Scientific Literacy
- Natural sources of raw materials from biomass to replace or supplement petroleum products in commercial products and as alternative fuel sources
- Formation and manufacture of composites containing cellulose and other natural materials, and their adhesives
Scholarly Work and Publications:
- Apparatus for Connecting Framing Components of a Building to a Foundation. US Patent 8793950
- Wood Composite Material Containing Strands of Differing Densities. US Patent 7993736
- Wood Composite Material Containing Strands of Differing Densities. US Patent 7662457
- Engineered Wood Boards with Reduced VOC Emissions. US Patent 7553549
- Strength-Enhanced, Lightweight Lignocellulosic Composite Board Materials. US Patent 7217458
- Phenolic Resins Compatible with Wax Emulsions. US Patent 6028133
- Composites Prepared with Ready-to-Use Resin/Wax Emulsion Adhesives. US Patent 6132885
- Liquid Crystal Composition and Alignment Layer for Display Device. US Patent 5578351
- Efficient Chemistry for Selective Modification and Metallization of Substrates. US Patent 5648201
- Development of a Standardized Laboratory VOC Test Method to Measure Hot-Press Emissions. Proc. 31st International Particleboard/Composite Materials Symp.
- Enzymatic Modification of a Chemisorbed Lipid Monolayer. Langmuir, 12(18), 4411-4416.
- Properties of Hydrophilic Self-Assembled Monolayers Effecting the Alignment of Liquid Crystals.
- Photoinduced Electron Transfer in Redox Active Lysines. J. Amer. Chem. Soc. 113 (1991), 8540 8542
- Synthesis of Redox Derivatives of Lysine and Related Peptides Containing Phenothiazine or Tris (2,2′- Bipyridine) Ruthenium (II). Int. J. Peptide Protein Res. 38 (1991), 114-123.
- American Chemical Society
When I’m away from the classroom, I enjoy:
- Yard work
“In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was with God in the beginning. Through Him all things were made; without Him nothing was made that has been made.”
I really like the strong sense of Christian fellowship and community at TFC.