- B.A. Christian Education and Psychology, Wheaton College
- M.A. Christian Formation and Ministry, Outdoor Adventure Leadership, Wheaton College
- Ph.D Parks, Recreation, and Tourism Management, Clemson University (currently enrolled)
When I’m away from the classroom, I enjoy:
- Fly fishing
- Whitewater kayaking
- Mountain biking
- Rock climbing
- Board games
What courses do you teach at TFC?
- Foundations of Outdoor Leadership
- Camp Programming and Leadership
- Backcountry Education
- Rock Climbing
- Adventure-Based Education
- Expedition Module
- Outdoor Leadership Internship
- Small Group Leadership
When did you begin teaching at TFC?
What is your favorite aspect of teaching at TFC?
- My favorite aspect of teaching is building relationships with the students in my classes. It’s a privilege to be part of their journey and walk with them as they are learning and growing.
What might people be interested to know?
- Most people think of me as the “outdoor guy,” because of my professional background but I also have a few indoor hobbies. I enjoy building wooden furniture, though I’m definitely an amateur at it. I also love playing board games and own well over a hundred different games.
- Deuteronomy 31:7-8
“Then Moses summoned Joshua and said to him in the presence of all Israel, ‘Be strong and courageous, for you must go with this people into the land that the Lord swore to their ancestors to give them, and you must divide it among them as their inheritance. The Lord himself goes before you and will be with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged.'”