An informed community helps to make positive decisions for those within our community. Toccoa Falls College is committed to educating students, faculty, and staff on a year round basis to help reinforce our commitment to a healthy and safe community. The following efforts include, but are not limited to:
- Partnership with Safe Colleges to provide online training for students, faculty, and staff in various matters of sexual misconduct, bystander intervention, and healthy relationships.
- All first year and transfer students receive educational/informational sessions at New Student Orientation prior to the start of their first semester at TFC that discuss sexual misconduct, bystander intervention, healthy relationships, campus policy, and campus/community resources. This effort is led by the Vice President for Student Affairs and Director of Housing and Residence Life.
- Ongoing programs are conducted throughout each Fall and Spring semesters in active and passive formats to help reinforce the message that healthy relationships matter at any given time. Departments collaborate to help these programs/campaigns reach as many on campus as possible. Students are invited to be engaged in this programming development/outreach.
- Residence Life proactively communicates formally and informally the importance of healthy relationships to the residential student population.
If you would like a presentation or informational session for your group, department, class, sports team, student organization, or residence hall floor on how we foster a healthy and safe community, please contact Abigail Davis at email@example.com.
TFC’s Title IX Employees
TFC has a group of employees that have gone through a variety of trainings to help investigate and adjudicate Title IX incidents. These trainings include:
- ATIXA Investigator Training
- ATIXA Title IX Coordinator Training
- TrainEd Webinars Summer 2020 hosted by the CCCU
ATIXA training materials can be found here: https://atixa.org/2020-regulations-requirement-posting-of-training-materials/