Rome with Purpose is a study abroad program that is designed to offer Christian college students the opportunity to “Experience Italy in Christian community”. While living together in a convent near the center of Rome, Italy, students have opportunity to engage in a rigorous and stimulating academic program, explore the antiquities of Rome, experience current Italian culture, and get involved in ministry opportunities with local churches. Rome with Purpose professors all teach from a Christian worldview and the director and his wife are on-site to guide and mentor the students as they follow Jesus through this intercultural experience. Students can earn 15 credits during their 90-day stay, with three weeks available for independent travel throughout Europe. TFC is a supporting institution, and its students are automatically eligible to attend.
RWP mission: To provide meaningful educational opportunities in Italy in the context of a biblical Christian community.
Rome with Purpose offers:
- 15 college credits (3 credits each)
- Ancient Roman History
- History of the Christian Church
- History of Ideas
- Cultural Perspectives and Survival Italian
- Understanding the Art of Architecture
- Three weeks of independent travel
- Weekly ministry opportunities—or use a travel week to do a missions trip
- Dual enrollment options
- All financial aid can be applied, except TFC institutional aid
- Weekly Italian cooking classes—bon appetito!
Interested? Find out more by clicking here.
To find out more information about Study Abroad opportunities at TFC, visit our Study Abroad page.
All application materials and forms should be returned to the Registrar’s Office.