Self-Service Registration for Winterim and Spring 2023 Terms:
Monday, October 24, 2022 – Friday, December 2, 2022.
BEFORE YOU REGISTER:
Correspond with your advisor
We recommend you correspond with your advisor to discuss your schedule. Be prepared with a proposed schedule based on your chosen major in your catalog year. You can print out a blank Schedule Worksheet to assist with your planning if needed. (Also available from the “Registration Services” main page on myTFC – Weekly Class Planner). You can also login to your myTFC account to see the name of your advisor under your current schedule.
Service and Outreach
Think about what Service and Outreach Ministry you want to take next semester. Make sure to add this to your schedule when you register. The prefix code for your Student Ministry is SAO (for Service and Outreach).
- Responsibility for choosing the correct courses belongs to you. Each student must carry full responsibility for completing his/her program of study as set forth according to the proper catalog. Advisors cannot be held liable for student failure to meet specified requirements.
- You should not register for any course more than one class year level beyond your current class year, e.g. a sophomore should not register for a senior level course.
- Follow your major program outlined in the catalog to see a selection of courses.
WHEN TO REGISTER:
You will be able to begin your schedule selection process according to the following schedule by Class Year (based on current hours earned):
Honor Students, Athletes, Seniors and Juniors: Beginning Monday, October 24
Sophomores: Beginning Thursday, October 27
Freshmen: Beginning Monday, October 31
Self-Service Registration for WN/Spring ends Friday, December 2, 2022
HOW TO REGISTER:
- On your scheduled day to select your classes, sign into myTFC using your TFC email ID and password.
- Click the Registration Services link in the Quick-Launch Menu and select Registration.
- Click Traditional Courses and select the term for which you are registering. Click on the Section Search to find courses by entering the course prefix or keyword. You will need to be familiar with course prefixes to choose your desired curriculum categories (see your major in your catalog year). Once you find the desired course, click the Add button to the right of the course to place the course in your cart. Repeat the Section Searchuntil you have added all desired courses to your cart.
- Click Next and review your schedule. After reviewing your schedule, click “Next” again, and this will label your courses as Awaiting Advisor Approval.
- Click Finish to submit your course selections to your advisor for review and approval. Once approved, you will be notified via your TFC email account. Be sure to complete the entire Schedule Selection process by submitting your schedule to your advisor for approval.
- You are encouraged to print out a copy of your class schedule to verify the classes for which you registered. We recommend you print a new copy of your schedule each time you make any changes to it.
- Registration Hold– If you have a Student Accounts Hold or a Missing Documents Hold (which could include official transcripts or medical records), these will need to be cared for before you can register for the following term.
- Course prerequisite has not been met– You may not register for the course. If you feel this error message is incorrect, please contact the Registrar’s Office.
- Instructor permission required – You may “Request Permission” by viewing your cart and selecting the link Request Permission next to the appropriate course (to the far right of the course title). Understand this course will prevent you from submitting your other courses until you receive permission for the specified course. Note:If you are in a rush to secure your other courses, de-select the course (un-check the box in front of the course) which is pending permission and submit your other courses to your advisor for approval. Once you receive notification from the Instructor that the permission request is approved, then you must continue by submitting that course to your advisor for approval.
- This class is closed– You may not register for the class through Self-Service. Please return a completed “Request to Enter a Closed Class” form available in the Registrar’s Office for manual processing.
- You are attempting to register for more credit hours than allowed– Only submit classes that add up to the total number of hours you are allowed. The remaining course(s) that put you in overload status will require the “Course Overload” form available in the Registrar’s Office. Course overloads must be approved by both your advisor and the Registrar. Hours greater than 19 incur overload tuition rates.
Special class arrangements such as Directed or Independent Study courses will need to be processed manually in the Registrar’s Office.
TAKING A TFC ONLINE CLASS?
For Traditional Students, the cost of online courses for resident students is the same as resident course tuition and will, therefore, be included in your tuition flat-rate block tuition charge for 12-19 hours. Section OL1A courses are offered the first 8 weeks of the semester (Session A), and section OL1B courses are offered the second 8 weeks of the semester (Session B). For Traditional Students, all online sections will appear as “CLOSED.” To add an online course, take a “Request to Enter a Closed Class” form to your Advisor, then to the Director of Online Education for approval, and bring to the Registrar’s Office for processing.
Note: Because of their condensed nature, online courses may not be taken if it places a student in an academic overload situation (more than 18 hours). Traditional students must register for any online courses by the end of the regular registration and drop/add period for that resident term. Traditional students are always billed resident tuition rates for online courses. Traditional Students are limited to 12 hours of online courses. Because of their condensed nature, keep in mind that a 3 hour online course will have a “felt” workload of 6 hours.
FINANCIAL AID AND STUDENT ACCOUNTS REMIDERS:
- After scheduling your classes, verify your Financial Aid status and Student Account balance in the myFinances Tab of myTFC, and care for your remaining balance accordingly.
- If using the NelNet Payment Plan, select your payment plan asap for the best option.
- Payment may be made online.
Winterim Attendance Check-In Enrollment Confirmation
Your Winterim Attendance Check-In will be confirmed by attending your first day of class on Tuesday January 3, 2023. If there are extenuating circumstances that prevent you from attending class this day, (overseas travel, SAOs, practicum or internship responsibilities, out of town student ministries), you must complete an Absentee Registration Form in the Registrar’s Office by the end of this Spring semester.
Spring Attendance Check-In Enrollment Confirmation for Continuing Students
Your Spring Attendance Check-In will be confirmed by your attendance on the first day of each class, Tuesday, January 17, and Wednesday, January 18, 2023. If there are extenuating circumstances that prevent you from attending your first day of classes, (overseas travel, SAOs, practicum or internship responsibilities), you must complete an Absentee Registration Form in the Registrar’s Office.
Spring New Student Registration Check-in will be held in Gate Cottage Thursday, January 12, 2023 from 9 am to 12 noon.
DROP/ADD – SCHEDULE CHANGES
Drop/Add changes may be made beginning with the first day of classes on the following dates:
Winterim 2022: Tuesday, January 3, through Wednesday, January 4, 2023, at 5:00 pm.
Spring 2022: Tuesday, January 17, through Friday, January 20, 2023, at 5:00 pm.
Schedule Changes during the Drop/Add period for the regular semester (Fall/Spring) for continuing students are made on-line using the Register Tab of MyTFC Self-Service with submission to your advisor for schedule change approval. New students can request schedule adjustments in the Registrar’s Office during Drop/Add week.
Paper forms accepted in the Registrar’s Office will be for entering a closed class, overload requests, or directed and independent studies. Make sure you have completed all schedule changes by 5:00 pm of the designated end of the drop/add period.
HANDS ON TRAINING
If you feel that you need more individualized instruction than those provided, please contact the Registrar’s Office, and we will be glad to assist you.
Office of the Registrar, MSC 896
Toccoa Falls College
Toccoa Falls, GA 30598
Phone (706) 886-6831
2nd Floor, Earl Hall