- Ph.D. – University College Dublin, Ireland – Philosophy
- M.A. – Trinity Graduate School – Bioethics
- M.A. – University of Denver – Philosophy
- M.A. – Denver Seminary – Philosophy of Religion
- B.S. – Columbia International University – Biblical Studies
- 2010 – Magna cum laude – Trinity Graduate School
- February, 2012 – Awarded tenure
- *Nominated Faculty Scholar of the Year for 2010-2011 and 2011-2012
- *Spring semester, 2010 – granted TFC’s first (partial) sabbatical
- *May, 2009 – awarded Faculty Scholar of the Year for 2008-2009
- *May, 2009 – nominated for Vulcan teaching excellence award
- *May, 2008 – awarded Wade Distinguished Scholar of the Year for 2007-2008
- The Center for Bioethics & Human Dignity
- Bioethics, philosophy of religion
Scholarly Work and Publications
- *“Transhumanism and the Question of Human Nature,” published in the American Journal of Intelligent Systems (February, 2012)
- *Article published in Ethics and Medicine, An International Journal of Bioethics, Fall, 2010 “Sacred Cells? A Reply to Peters, Lebacqz and Bennett”
What year did you begin teaching at TFC
What is your favorite aspect of teaching at TFC
Interacting with the students!
What courses do you teach at TFC
Introduction to Philosophy, Ethics, Bioethics, Critical Thinking, Great Philosophers 1 & 2, Philosophy of Religion, Metaphysics/Epistemology, Online Business Ethics, Online Introduction to Philosophy, Senior Philosophy Project.
When I’m away from the classroom, I enjoy
Our two dogs (Pascal and Soren), hiking, travel, reading, movies.
People might be interested to know
We lived in Europe (Germany and Ireland) 10 years working for Greater Europe Mission. We moved to Toccoa from Denver, CO!
Hebrews 12:2 ” Fixing our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of faith, who for the joy set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame, and has sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.” (NASB)
“Faith means believing in advance what will only make sense in reverse!” Philip Yancey