Self-Service Registration for Winterim and Spring 2018 terms: Monday, October 23, 2017 – December 11, 2017.
BEFORE YOU REGISTER:
Meet with your advisor
We recommend you make an appointment with your advisor to discuss your schedule. When you meet with your advisor, go prepared with a proposed schedule based on your chosen major in your catalog year. You can print out a blank Schedule Worksheet to assist with your planning if needed. (Also available from the “Registration Services” main page on myTFC – Weekly Class Planner). You can also login to your myTFC account to see the name of your advisor under your current schedule.
Service and Outreach
Think about what Service and Outreach Ministry you want to take this semester. Make sure to add this to your schedule when you register. The prefix code for your Student Ministry is SAO (for Service and Outreach)
- Responsibility for choosing the correct courses belongs to you. Each student must carry full responsibility for completing his/her program of study as set forth according to the proper catalog. Advisors cannot be held liable for student failure to meet specified requirements.
- You should not register for any course more than one class year level beyond your current class year, e.g. a sophomore should not register for a senior level course.
- Follow your major program outlined in the catalog to see a selection of courses.
- You should check the “Majors Notes” for both your Department and the Bible and Theology Department, found on the Registration Services drop-down list on myTFC. Here you will find up to date, major specific information regarding class offerings, curriculum changes, etc.
WHEN TO REGISTER:
You will be able to begin your schedule selection process according to the following schedule by Class Year (based on current hours earned):
Athletes, Seniors and Juniors: Beginning Monday, October 23, 2017
Sophomores: Beginning Thursday, October 26, 2017
Freshmen: Beginning Monday, October 30, 2017
Self-Service Winterim and Spring Registration ends December 11, 2017.
HOW TO REGISTER:
- On your scheduled day to select your classes, sign into myTFCusing your TFC email ID and password.
- Click the Registration Serviceslink in the Quick-Launch Menu and select Registration.
- Click Traditional Coursesand select the term for which you are registering. Click on the Section Search to find courses by entering the course prefix or keyword. You will need to be familiar with course prefixes to choose your desired curriculum categories (see your major in your catalog year). Once you find the desired course, click the Add button to the right of the course to place the course in your cart. Repeat the Section Search until you have added all desired courses to your cart.
- Click Next and review your schedule. After reviewing your schedule, click “Next” again, and this will label your courses as Awaiting Advisor Approval.
- Click Finishto submit your course selections to your advisor for review and approval. Once approved, you will be notified via your TFC email account. Be sure to complete the entire Schedule Selection process by submitting your schedule to your advisor for approval.
- You are encouraged to print out a copy of your class scheduleto verify the classes for which you registered. We recommend you print a new copy of your schedule each time you make any changes to it.
- Course prerequisite has not been met – You may not register for the course. If you feel this error message is incorrect, please contact the Registrar’s Office.
- Instructor permission required– You may “Request Permission” by viewing your cart and selecting the link Request Permission next to the appropriate course (to the far right of the course title). Understand this course will prevent you from submitting your other courses until you receive permission for the specified course. Note: If you are in a rush to secure your other courses, de-select the course (un-check the box in front of the course) which is pending permission and submit your other courses to your advisor for approval. Once you receive notification from the Instructor that the permission request is approved, then you must continue by submitting the course to your advisor for approval.
- This class is closed – You may not register for the class through Self-Service. Please return a completed “Request to Enter a Closed Class” form available in the Registrar’s Office for manual processing.
- You are attempting to register for more credit hours than allowed– Only submit classes that add up to the total number of hours you are allowed. The remaining course(s) that put you in overload status will require the “Course Overload” form available in the Registrar’s Office. Course overloads must be approved by both your advisor and the Registrar. Hours greater than 19 incur overload tuition rates.Special class arrangements such as Directed or Independent Study courses will need to be processed manually in the Registrar’s Office.
TAKING A TFC ONLINE CLASS?
Online classes are added to your schedule in the same way as your other classes through your Self-Service account. To register for an online class (sections numbered OL1A or OL1B, DAYS and LOCATION = ONLINE), add it to your cart in the same way as other classes. The cost of online courses for resident students is the same as resident course tuition and will, therefore, be included in your tuition flat-rate block tuition charge for 12-19 hours. Section OL1A courses are offered the first 8 weeks of the semester (Session A), and section OL1B courses are offered the second 8 weeks of the semester (Session B).
Note: Online courses may not be taken if it places a student in an academic overload situation (more than 18 hours). Traditional students must register for any online courses by the end of the regular registration and drop/add period for that resident term. Traditional students are always billed resident tuition rates for online courses.
Financial Aid and Student Accounts Reminders:
After scheduling your classes, verify your Financial Aid status and Student Account balance in the myFinances Tab of myTFC, and care for your remaining balance accordingly.
If using the NelNet Payment Plan, select your payment plan asap for the best option.
Payment may be made online
Final payment in full deadline for Winterim and Spring is December 9, 2017.
Winterim Attendance Check-In Enrollment Confirmation
Your Winterim Attendance Check-In will be confirmed by attending your first Winterim class on Monday, January 8, 2018. If there are extenuating circumstances that prevent you from attending class this day, (overseas travel, practicum or internship responsibilities, out of town student ministries), you must complete an Absentee Registration Form in the Registrar’s Office by the end of this Fall semester.
Spring Attendance Check-In Enrollment Confirmation for Continuing Students
Your Spring Attendance Check-In will be confirmed by your attendance on the first day of each class, Tuesday, January 23, and Wednesday, January 24. If there are extenuating circumstances that prevent you from attending your first day of classes, (overseas travel, practicum or internship responsibilities), you must complete an Absentee Registration Form in the Registrar’s Office.
New Spring Student Registration Check-in will be held in Gate Cottage January 18, 2018, from 9 am to 12 noon.
DROP/ADD – SCHEDULE CHANGES
Drop/Add changes may be made beginning with the first day of classes on the following dates:
Winterim 2018: Tuesday, January 8, through Wednesday, January 9, 2018, at 5:00 pm.
Spring 2018: Tuesday, January 23, through Friday, January 26, 2018, at 5:00 pm.
Schedule Changes during the Drop/Add period for the regular semester (Fall/Spring) for continuing students are made on-line using the Register Tab of MyTFC Self-Service with submission to your advisor for schedule change approval. New students can request schedule adjustments in the Registrar’s Office during Drop/Add week. Make Winterim and Summer Sessions, drop/add changes in the Registrar’s Office.
Paper forms accepted in the Registrar’s Office will be for entering a closed class, overload requests, or directed and independent studies. Make sure you have completed all schedule changes by 5:00 pm of the designated end of the drop/add period.
HANDS ON TRAINING
If you feel that you need more individualized instruction than those provided, please visit the Registrar’s Office, and we will be glad to assist you.
Office of the Registrar, MSC 896
Toccoa Falls College
Toccoa Falls, GA 30598
Phone (706) 886-6831
2nd Floor, Earl Hall